Performance & Results
National Performance Tables
To view the National School Performance Tables click here.
What a wonderful morning it has been celebrating success with the class of 2016. They smashed it! 53% of our pupils achieved a good GCSE (C or above) in both English and Maths – that’s 16% improvement on last year!
Even more pleasing is the number of A* and A grades – in fact the top three pupils in the school got 26 A*/A grades between them!
We are so proud of every pupil, parent and staff who have pulled together to achieve these brilliant results.
It really does prove that a little bit of hard work and determination really does make a difference!
I wish the Class of 2016 happiness, health and success in future endeavours – don’t forget us because we will always remember you. Once a Stretfordian, always a Stretfordian!!!!!!!!!
GCSE Headlines for 2016:
The DfE have introduced new methods for schools to measure their pupils’ outcomes. These are:
- The Basics % – This is the number of pupils who achieved a grade C or above in both English & Maths.
- Attainment 8 – This is the average score for all pupils’ results. This can be compared against the Estimated Attainment 8 score which is basically the expected average score pupils should get.
- Progress 8 – This shows if pupils’ results are better or worse than expected. Progress 8 figures are provisional at this point as all schools must wait for the official calculation which should be released in October. Figures below are based on previous year’s model.
o A figure below 0 means pupil outcomes are below expected.
o A figure above 0 means pupil outcomes are above expected.
- % Entered for and passing Ebacc. This means the % of pupils who have been entered for and % pupils who have achieved a grade C + in English, Maths, Science, a humanities subject and a language.
Below you will find a table showing how we have performed as a school using these new measures against the previous 3 years
|% Entered for EBacc||12.9% (19 pupils)||17.42% (27 pupils)||8.9% (14 pupils)||20% (31 pupils)|
|% Achieving EBacc||8.16% (12 pupils)||9.03% (14 pupils)||3.8% (6 pupils)||9.5% (15 pupils)|
NEET Figures – Destinations summary 2013 – 2015
|In Learning||95.1%||95.4%||95% (97.6%*)|
|Not Sustained (after 6 months)||12%||–||–|
* We have had confirmation that the 4 students “moved away” are in education hence the second figure of 97.6% for “in learning”.
As you can see, the school has improved in each measure and we look forward to continuing this trend into the future!
Provisional 2015 Results
- 35% achieving 5 + A*-C GCSE (or equiv) including English and Maths
- 13% achieving the English Baccalaureate
- 57% of students making expected performance in English
- 38% of students making expected performance in Maths
Please note, these results will remain provisional until the government publishes full results in January 2016
- 46% achieving 5 + A*-C GCSE (or equiv) including English and Maths
- 10% achieving the English Baccalaureate
- 74% of students making expected performance in English
- 49% of students making expected performance in Maths