Head of Humanities: Mr F Ahmed
Deputy Head of Humanities: Ms M Munshi
Teachers of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mrs. L Smith
- Miss. J Murray
- Mr. A Cooke
- Mr. A Kycryz
- Miss. M Shahid
The vision of the Humanities and Social Sciences team has been agreed together. We will:
- Provide exciting Humanities and Social Sciences lessons that engage and interest students
- Offer learning in a variety of ways
- Use hands on practical activities wherever appropriate
- Provide a wide choice in Key Stage four options
- Ensure students will know how to make progress in their learning
- Make clear the purpose of their learning
- Develop skills required by employers in the future
“When you study great teachers… you will learn much more from their caring and hard work than from their style.”
- All students will have an opportunity to benefit from modern resources and varied teaching strategies to meet a variety of needs and abilities.
- All students will be given the opportunity to learn and achieve – no child left behind.
- Independent learning and initiative will be actively encouraged in promoting high standards.
- Students’ efforts will be rewarded and their extra curricular interests encouraged.
- Those who teach/assist within the Department will set high expectations of student behaviour and standard of work.
- Wherever possible, teachers will encourage spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, through the Humanities curriculum or by other means.
- Wherever possible, teachers will nurture an understanding of Internationalism in the context of local, national and international themes, through the Humanities curriculum or by other means.
- All students will develop critical life skills to prepare for further academic study and/or employment.