Dear Parents and Carers,
You will be aware that infection rates are on the rise again and that Greater Manchester is of particular concern.
I have been checking on the number of outcomes logged from LFT testing at home and I notice that the number has dropped considerably. I know that it is not always easy to remember to do the tests and that they are not the most pleasant to do BUT I am asking that you test twice a week and that you log the result with us please.
- The quicker you tell us about a positive test, the more quickly we can identify those who are close contacts.
- We know when you have booked a PCR test and that information is useful for Public Health Trafford.
- Both of these actions help to keep everyone safer.
- If we can see that there is a high number of pupils testing in a year group and they all have a negative result, then we can make a reasonable assumption that the risk in the year group is low. This really helps us to manage everybody’s risk in school.
I don’t want to test:
- You have a right not to test and we respect that.
- If you have given your consent to test, we are ordering and supplying you with tests. Please use them.
- If you don’t want to test anymore, please tell us as it is useful for us to know how many of our pupils are testing regularly.
At the end of the day, we want every member of our community to be safe and well. We can achieve that together if we all do our bit.