Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job-seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who receive any of the above benefits in their own right (ie they receive benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also receive free school meals.
Entitled to Free School Meals?
For further details about how to apply for Free School Meals, please click here.