SHS News 20/10/23
Dear Parents/Carers and Students
We hope that you enjoy reading this week’s SHS News 20/10/23 HERE
For hyperlinks use, also available in PDF and summary version below.
_SHS News 20 October 2023 (3)
Enjoy your half term break. We look forward to seeing you again on Monday 30 October.
Stretford High School
Summary Newsletter for website translation
In the latest school news, Headteacher Mrs Doward praises the students for their excellent attendance and encourages parents to ensure their children maintain a healthy lifestyle to sustain their school performance throughout the week. She also highlights students’ achievements, various school projects and events, and some important dates for the future.
- Headteacher Mrs Doward praises the students for their excellent attendance, which is above the national average.
- She raises concerns about a noticeable drop in attendance as the week progresses, particularly on Fridays, and suggests parents monitor their children’s health and habits to ensure they are not becoming excessively tired or unwell by the end of the week.
- The school’s scary story competition has received exciting entries and the Scholastic Book Fair will be held from the 20th to the 24th of November.
- Year 7 students have been studying medieval castles and Year 10 students have been learning about the economic boom of the 1920s in America.
- Geography students went on an outing to collect data about sustainable gardens, and Forest School students engaged in outdoor games and activities.
- Several significant individuals were recognised as part of Black History Month.
- Upcoming Parent Hub events are scheduled for various dates through 2023 and 2024.
- An innovative learning experiment was conducted by Year 10 GCSE Psychology students, exploring the impact of video games on children’s aggression.
- The school will reopen after the half-term break on Monday 30th October 2023.
- The school’s Careers School Website and other resources provide valuable information for students considering their future careers.
- Current job vacancies at the school include an Attendance Officer and a Teaching Assistant Level 1.
- Parents and Carers are advised to view the new video links for extra curricular clubs and the daily schedules. SHS would encourage students to sign up for clubs and get involved!
- Have a lovely half term break.