SHS News 6/10/23
We hope that you enjoy reading this week’s SHS News 6/10/23 HERE
Also available as a SHS News – 6 October 2023 and summary below:-
This summary covers the recent activities and announcements at Stretford High School (SHS). These include a message from the Headteacher, updates from various school departments, recent school events, and upcoming dates for the school calendar.
- Headteacher’s message: Mrs. Doward, thanked parents and students for the successful Year 7 CARE night and the open evening. She emphasized the importance of good habits such as attendance, punctuality, appearance, and attitude in students’ overall development.
- Library update: Miss Hodge reported the successful organization of workshops with writers and actors of ‘Emmeline,’ a play about the Suffragette movement, for girls in Year 8 and 9.
- Forest School update: Students participated in outdoor activities, including exploring meadows and collecting leaves, playing games, and learning the basics of making fire.
- Science class update: The year 11 science group built DNA structures using craft items.
- Careers Day: The school hosted a Careers Day where students interacted with professionals from various industries and learned about different career paths.
- SHS Journal: Students are now using student reflective journals in their lessons to help them stay organized and enhance their learning skills.
- Black History Month: The school is celebrating Black History Month with the theme ‘Saluting our Sisters,’ honoring the contributions of black women to various aspects of society.
- Headteacher Award Winners: The school announced the winners of the Headteacher Award for the week of 2nd October 2023.
- Upcoming Events: Important dates for the school calendar were shared, including Parents’ Evenings and holiday periods.
- Recruitment: The school is currently hiring for various positions including a Teacher of English, an Attendance Officer, and a Teaching Assistant Level 1.